One of the biggest advantages of delta 8 and cannabinoids are their flexibility. There are a number of ways to safely consume these natural compounds and enjoy their effects. Today we will talk about baking with delta 8.
Most people smoke delta 8, but it is also possible to buy edibles — or make your own. While this requires some time and ingredients, edibles are much more cost effective. There are many benefits to making your own edibles:
- Easier to monitor dosing
- Adjustment of ingredients for allergies or special dietary needs
- Level of customization that is otherwise impossible
3Chi sells delta 8 distillate that is easy to cook with. Delta 8 distillate is thick translucent oil that has been removed of all impurities. The clear liquid typically comes in a syringe for easy measurements, and is composed of extremely high-purity delta 8. In many ways, distillate is the ideal way to make edibles. The medical-grade syringe makes measurements and cleanup a breeze.
Why Use Distillate to Make Edibles?
Using premium delta 8 distillate in your edibles has a number of advantages. For one, there isn’t the same overpowering cannabis smell. The absence of terpenes and flavonoids in the oil dramatically changes the aroma.
The smell will be somewhat distinct, but not close enough to the smell of cannabis to be identifiable. Additionally, if you’ve cooked edibles in the past you’ll likely remember the “hash” taste that comes with using cannabutter or a similar product. Baking with delta 8 distillate leaves the edibles free of these flavors. It is the same high-quality oil that 3Chi puts in their own edibles.
The second major advantage is the accuracy of measurements. The oil itself has already been carefully distilled and the THC contents calculated. 3Chi has already done that work for you. You can take the syringe and use it for precise dosing. Then just divide the portions into known quantities and measurements. This also helps prevent anyone accidentally taking more delta 8 than intended.
Finally, cooking with distillate is both easier than cannabutter and more versatile.
How to Infuse Butter or Oil with Delta 8 Distillate:
- The first step is loosening up the oil. Put the syringe in a bath of warm water to gently soften the distillate.
- Measure out your butter or carrier oil. This is dependent on the amount of distillate you plan to use.
- Combine the distillate and oil. The two should be warm but not hot. You can use the microwave during the next step to achieve the desired heat, but be cautious. It is important not to apply too much heat during this process, or it will damage the distillate.
- Blend the two oils thoroughly. Stir until the mixture is completely even.
Baking with Delta 8 Distillate:
- Combine the above oil with a batter, or add to any desired base. It can be added to whipped cream, peanut butter, etc.
- Finally, if using your distillate for baking, bake your wonderful creation at a low temperature.
Almost anything you can think of can be infused with distillate – homemade edibles are not only fun to make, but fun to eat.